This Energy Project Keynote serves as an introduction to the key ideas of energy management. Demand in our lives is increasing relentlessly, and our capacity isn’t keeping pace. The way we’re working isn’t working. We’re trying to operate like computers: continuously, at high speeds, for long periods of time, running multiple programs at the same time. It’s a prescription for failure. The better we manage our energy, the more capable we are of creating value.
Through this program we will explore:
• A scientifically-based paradigm for how to work (and live) in a way that is
more productive and more satisfying.
• A clear understanding of the four energy dimensions you need to fuel in
order to perform at your best.
• A sense of how well you are currently managing your personal energy, and
the areas you need to improve.
• The secret to regularly renewing your energy even when demand is high
and time is scarce.
• An understanding of how to take more control of your emotions by being
aware of how you feel at any given time.
• An introduction to and understanding of the Performance Zone, a framework
that explains how we can stay engaged, most productive, and do our best
• Strategies for using the Performance Zone framework to stay out of the